We welcome contributions. Writing for us, you can share your expertise, connect with our large community, and reach your professional goals.
LivingBetter50.com (LB50) is an online women’s magazine covering topics women love from beauty to business, inspiring women to live better physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually. We like beauty and fashion tips; advice pieces on health, fitness, home, money & business, food, travel, retirement living; essays on faith. If it doesn’t appeal to women over 50, it probably isn’t for us.
We are looking for contributors for the following topics:
- Beauty and Fashion: Show us how women can look their best with new products, applications, and styles to try.
- Recipes: Please include an introduction to the dish and when to serve it, along with steps, ingredient list, and a photo.
- Health and Fitness: Provide actionable steps for women new to the topic you’re covering, along with photos or a short video explaining a new fitness routine.
- Home: We love images of seasonal items, entertaining guides, and shopping links for updating and caring for the home.
- Money & Business: Please share personal finance and retirement living tips, as well as stories of career reinvention stories.
- Travel: From wellness retreats to retirement travel and family getaways, we love hearing about new places to visit. Please include images.
- Retirement Living: Give us tips, ideas, getaways, planning advice, hobbies, and anything related to retirement living as it pertains to women over 50.
- Book Excerpts: Our audience is interested in non-fiction that helps them improve their lives in some way.
- Personal Essays: We love hearing inspiring personal stories on faith, marriage, relationships, family dynamics, friendship, and challenges and victories along the way.
We are looking for quality content that aims to inform, entertain, and inspire women to live their best lives at age 50 and beyond. Please look at our recent articles to provide content that matches our tone and style.
Submission Do’s and Don’ts
- Posts must be original, high-quality content. Posts must not be published anywhere else.
- Look at what we’ve previously published to make sure your article idea hasn’t already been covered.
- Come up with great headlines and subheads.
- Backup health claims with relevant research.
- Provide actionable tips readers can apply to their daily lives.
- Include photos: photo pixels should be 300 x 336 or larger of comparable dimensions.
- Send SEO-driven submissions or advertorial content.
- Include links to your products or services within the article. For marketing and promotional content, please review our media kit for advertising opportunities.
To submit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your fully edited article ready for publication with a working title at 400-700 words. Send this as a PDF or Word document or within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images with your post.
- Your bio (2-3 sentences) with a link to your website.
- A headshot or photo of you to use in your bio.
*Please note that submission of your post does not guarantee publication. We will review your article if it follows our guidelines and if it’s a good fit for our audience, we will contact you within 2-3 weeks of submission.